A combination of cream cheese, heavy cream, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese makes this Creamy Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken and Bacon extremly rich and satisfying.
Lots of garlic, crumbled bacon, Cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning add tons of flavor to this easy pasta dish.
How To Serve Creamy Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken and Bacon
Type Of Pasta
I like the delicate texture of Angel Hair pasta in this recipe but you can use spaghetti, fettuccini, or linguine instead.
Make It Spicy
I add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes for some spiciness. Add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper if you want it spicier.
Type Of Seasoning
You can use either Cajun or Creole Seasoning to season the chicken. My favorite is Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 2 days. Much longer than that and the texture of Angel Hair really breaks down. If you use spaghetti or linguine, it will keep a day or two longer.
Recommended Equipment For Creamy Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken and Bacon
- Pasta Pot– this Cuisinart Pasta Pot with a Straining Lid is really handy to have.
- Large Nonstick Skillet
- Tongs– great for mixing the pasta into the sauce and serving it. I use these tongs for so many things in the kitchen.
More Creamy Pasta Recipes
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Angel Hair Pasta with Bacon and Shrimp
- Cheesy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo
- Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo with Shrimp
- Million Dollar Chicken Alfredo
- nonstick skillet
- 12 ounces uncooked Angel Hair Pasta
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Cook Angel Hair pasta according to package directions in salted water. Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking liquid and drain pasta. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease from the skillet.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with Cajun seasoning.Heat bacon grease over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through. Remove chicken and set it aside with the bacon.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook 1 minute.Add cream cheese, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes and stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and stir in mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add angel hair pasta, chicken, and bacon to skillet and mix into the sauce.If sauce is too thick, add some of the reserved cooking liquid.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve.