Peaches and Cream Oatmeal made with steel cut oats, cinnamon, and brown sugar is an irresitible flavor combination. I don’t eat much oatmeal during the summer months, but during the fall and winter, it is perhaps my favorite breakfast. As we approach the fall months, Peaches and Cream Oatmeal is the perfect way to transition from enjoying cool and juicy fresh summer fruit to warm and comforting foods.
Since steel-cut oats take a long time to cook, the slow cooker is perfect for cooking them. You can put them in and forget about them for hours, especially if you have a programmable crock pot. I use the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker which I purchased about a year ago after my beloved, decades-old crock pot developed a crack.
Just mix all the ingredients together and let the crock pot do its thing. Drizzle a little cream on before serving to make it super creamy and rich or eat it as is from the crock pot.
Leftovers reheat well. Just add a little more milk to thin it out some.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 peaches, skinned and chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- milk, half-and-half, or cream
- Spray the inside of your crock pot with cooking spray.
- Combine oats, milk, cinnamon, salt, and peaches in the crock pot. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 5 hours.
- Stir in brown sugar and vanilla.
- Drizzle with milk, half-and-half, or cream just before serving.
For this recipe you will need:
More Oatmeal Recipes
This post contains affiliate links.