Have you ever had a Watermelon Pie? If not, this summer is the summer to try one. You won’t find a more cool, creamy and refreshing pie. With chunks of fresh watermelon and a packet of watermelon gelatin, there’s lots of watermelon flavor in every bite.
You also won’t find an easier pie to make. Only 4 ingredients and a few minutes of time are needed. Small chunks of fresh watermelon are folded into a creamy mixture of Cool Whip and watermelon-flavored gelatin. There’s no better treat on a hot summer day than a juicy piece of watermelon. This Watermelon Pie turns watermelon into a delicious and refreshing summer dessert. Perfect for a 4th of July picnic or cookout.
To make Watermelon Pie you’ll dissolve a package of watermelon gelatin in 1/4 cup of boiling water. Once it has cooled to room temperature, you’ll fold in a 12-ounce container of thawed Cool Whip. If you can’t find a 12-ounce container of Cool Whip use 1 1/2 8-ounce containers. Fold in 2 cups of diced watermelon and transfer the filling to a graham cracker crust. Refrigerate it for at least 2 hours to let it set up and get really well chilled.
Tips for making Watermelon Pie:
- You can use a homemade graham cracker crust if you prefer.
- This pie can be frozen if you wish. You can serve it frozen or let it thaw at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving it.
- Watermelon gelatin can be one of the more difficult flavors of gelatin to find. I usually find it at Walmart.
- You can cut the watermelon into larger chunks or finely dice it. Whichever you prefer.
- You can use fresh whipped cream instead of Cool Whip. You will need about 4 1/2 cups.
More No-Bake Summer Desserts
- 1 (3-ounce) package watermelon gelatin
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 (12-ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
- Place gelatin in a large bowl. Add boiling water and stir to dissolve the gelatin. Let cool to room temperature.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Fold in the watermelon.
- Transfer filling to graham cracker crust, smoothing out the top evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
4 thoughts on “Watermelon Pie”
What’s with the 5-star ratings by people who haven’t made the pie? 🧐
This is great love it
I am so excited to try this!! It’s going to be a hit this weekend for Memorial Day!! I love getting your emails because all the recipes are wonderful!!
Wow, I’ve never heard of watermelon pie, but this looks absolutely delicious!!!