Have you ever had a Watermelon Pie? If not, this summer is the summer to try one. You won’t find a more cool, creamy and refreshing pie. With chunks of fresh watermelon and a packet of watermelon gelatin, there’s lots of watermelon flavor in every bite.
You also won’t find an easier pie to make. Only 4 ingredients and a few minutes of time are needed. Small chunks of fresh watermelon are folded into a creamy mixture of Cool Whip and watermelon-flavored gelatin. There’s no better treat on a hot summer day than a juicy piece of watermelon. This Watermelon Pie turns watermelon into a delicious and refreshing summer dessert. Perfect for a 4th of July picnic or cookout.
To make Watermelon Pie you’ll dissolve a package of watermelon gelatin in 1/4 cup of boiling water. Once it has cooled to room temperature, you’ll fold in a 12-ounce container of thawed Cool Whip. If you can’t find a 12-ounce container of Cool Whip use 1 1/2 8-ounce containers. Fold in 2 cups of diced watermelon and transfer the filling to a graham cracker crust. Refrigerate it for at least 2 hours to let it set up and get really well chilled.
Tips for making Watermelon Pie:
- You can use a homemade graham cracker crust if you prefer.
- This pie can be frozen if you wish. You can serve it frozen or let it thaw at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving it.
- Watermelon gelatin can be one of the more difficult flavors of gelatin to find. I usually find it at Walmart.
- You can cut the watermelon into larger chunks or finely dice it. Whichever you prefer.
- You can use fresh whipped cream instead of Cool Whip. You will need about 4 1/2 cups.
More No-Bake Summer Desserts
Have you ever had a Watermelon Pie? If not, this summer is the summer to try one. You won't find a more cool, creamy and refreshing pie.
- 1 (3-ounce) package watermelon gelatin
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 (12-ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
Place gelatin in a large bowl. Add boiling water and stir to dissolve the gelatin. Let cool to room temperature.
Fold in the Cool Whip.
Fold in the watermelon.
Transfer filling to graham cracker crust, smoothing out the top evenly.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Note: Jolly Rancher watermelon gelatin is 2.79 ounces and will work fine.