Warm Turnip Green Dip is a creamy and delicious way to enjoy your southern greens. It’s so cheesy with crumbled bacon sprinkled on top. Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, toasted baguette, or pork rinds for a scrumptious southern appetizer.
Warm Turnip Green Dip is made with a bag of frozen chopped turnip greens and doesn’t take long at all to prep.
First cook 4 slices of bacon until crispy. Then use the grease to cook some onion and garlic. Add the turnip greens. Stir in a package of cream cheese until it melts, along with a cup of mayonnaise, 1/2 cup of sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes, and Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes, then sprinkle the crumbled bacon and some shredded cheddar cheese on top. Pop it back in the oven for 5 minutes.
This warm and cheesy dip has a little bite from the turnip greens and heat from the red pepper flakes. Whether it be game day, a potluck, or New Years, this is one delicious dip!
More Warm and Cheesy Dips
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet or yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen chopped turnip greens
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease. Add onion to the bacon grease and cook over medium heat until soft.
- Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add turnip greens and cook and stir for a few minutes.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, red pepper flakes, salt, and Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese on top and bake 5 more minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.