This Olive Salad is the perfect base for a muffaletta sandwich. It’s full of garlicky, salty, briny flavor and there are so many ways to use it.
There’s tons of great flavor in this Olive Salad. I use a combination of black kalamata olives and green olives. I also like lots of roasted red peppers in my olive salad. For further flavor, there’s red onion, garlic, giardiniera, red wine vinegar, basil, parsley, and oregano.
There are many ways to use Olive Salad besides using it for a muffaletta salad:
- Use it in an Italian Salad.
- As a spread for fresh bread or crackers.
- As a pizza topping.
- As a topping for grilled chicken or fish.
- As a topping for a turkey burger.
Tips for making Olive Salad:
It’s best to make Olive Salad 24 hours in advance to allow all the flavors to mingle.
Be sure to use a good quality olive oil for the best taste.
You can chop all your ingredients up really small or leave them coarsely chopped.
More New Orleans Recipes:
This Olive Salad is the perfect base for a muffaletta sandwich. It's full of garlicky, salty, briny flavor and there are so many ways to use it.
- 1 cup chopped black and green olives
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped Giardiniera
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of salt
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using. Flavor will get better with time.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.