Mini Jalapeno Popper Corn Muffins- these bite-sized corn muffins are both sweet and spicy with a cream cheese middle. So easy to make with a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix. Only take 12-15 minutes to bake.
Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix makes baking a cinch. I love to start recipes with a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix. It is so versatile and can be used to make everything from casseroles to hush puppies.
These mini muffins are a little like these Jim ‘N Nicks Cheesy Biscuits except with cream cheese and jalapenos.
What To Serve With Mini Jalapeno Popper Corn Muffins
These muffins go great with any meal. Whether it’s Sunday supper or a Tex-Mex meal. They also make a great gameday snack.
You’ll need a mini muffin pan for this recipe or you can use a standard size muffin tin and cook them longer.
- Jalapenos– dice one for the batter and slice one for the topping.
- Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- Whole Milk
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
How To Make
- Mix together muffin mix, diced jalapeno, egg, and milk.
- Place batter in greased muffin tin.
- Press a cube of cream cheese in the center of each one.
- Place a little shredded cheddar cheese and a jalapeno slice on top of each one.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator.
Be sure to grease the muffin tin well. I spray heavily with cooking spray.
More Cornbread Recipes To Try
- The BEST Jiffy Cornbread
- Crackling Cornbread
- Crawfish Cornbread
- Hot Water Cornbread
- Cheesy Broccoli Cornbread
- Bacon Cheddar Cornbread
Mini Jalapeno Popper Corn Muffins
- 2 jalapenos
- 1 (8.5-ounce) box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into 18 cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray and mini muffin tin with cooking spray. (This recipe makes about 18 mini muffins.)
- Finely dice 1 jalapeno and slice the other jalapeno.
- In a medium bowl, stir together muffin mix, diced jalapeno, egg, and milk.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups. Push a cube of cream cheese into the center of each one.
- Place a little shredded cheddar cheese on top of each one and then top with a jalapeno slice.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool a few minutes and then run a knife around the edge of each muffin to loosen and remove from the tin.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from A Zesty Life.
3 thoughts on “Mini Jalapeno Popper Corn Muffins”
I have made these a couple of times. Made them for a church soup potluck first and then at home. Everybody loves them!
I can’t wait to make these. They sound so yummy..
Can these be made ahead of time