Chicken Pot Pie Noodles is a delicious twist on chicken pot pie using noodles instead of pie crust.
It’s like a rich and creamy chicken casserole made on the stovetop. Flavored with peas, carrots, onion, celery, and corn, plus some parmesan cheese, this easy chicken dinner is a real winner.
Quick and Easy Weeknight Meal
This chicken dinner can be made start to finish in under 30 minutes. You’ll need a pot to cook the noodles in and a large skillet or Dutch oven to cook the sauce in.
Type Of Noodles
I like to use wide egg noodles for this recipe but you can use penne pasta, farfalle, or any other pasta shape.
Use A Rotisserie Chicken For Convenience
To really cut down on prep time, I use rotisserie chicken meat. But you could use any leftover chicken or even turkey.
What To Serve With Chicken Pot Pie Noodles
Heavy cream makes a super rich and flavorful sauce for the noodles. To lighten it up, you can use half-and-half or 1 cup heavy cream and 1 cup milk.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days and can be reheated in the microwave.
More Chicken Pot Pie Recipes
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- Inside Out Chicken Pot Pie
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- Chicken Pot Pie with Lattice Top
- Skillet Chicken Pot Pie with Cheddar Crust
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topping
- 9 ounces egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles in salted water according to package directions. Drain.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet or a Dutch oven. Add onion, celery, and carrots and cook 3 minutes.
- Add garlic powder, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and flour. Stir the flour in and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in the chicken broth and then the cream. Bring to a simmer. Add peas and corn and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes to thicken.
- Stir in chicken and Parmesan cheese.Stir in noodles. Check for seasoning and add more salt if needed.