Chicken Pot Pie Noodles is a delicious twist on chicken pot pie using noodles instead of pie crust.
It’s like a rich and creamy chicken casserole made on the stovetop. Flavored with peas, carrots, onion, celery, and corn, plus some parmesan cheese, this easy chicken dinner is a real winner.
Quick and Easy Weeknight Meal
This chicken dinner can be made start to finish in under 30 minutes. You’ll need a pot to cook the noodles in and a large skillet or Dutch oven to cook the sauce in.
Type Of Noodles
I like to use wide egg noodles for this recipe but you can use penne pasta, farfalle, or any other pasta shape.
Use A Rotisserie Chicken For Convenience
To really cut down on prep time, I use rotisserie chicken meat. But you could use any leftover chicken or even turkey.
What To Serve With Chicken Pot Pie Noodles
Goes great with buttery biscuits and a side salad with Creamy Italian Dressing.
Heavy cream makes a super rich and flavorful sauce for the noodles. To lighten it up, you can use half-and-half or 1 cup heavy cream and 1 cup milk.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days and can be reheated in the microwave.
More Chicken Pot Pie Recipes
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- Inside Out Chicken Pot Pie
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- Chicken Pot Pie with Lattice Top
- Skillet Chicken Pot Pie with Cheddar Crust
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topping
Chicken Pot Pie Noodles
- 9 ounces egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles in salted water according to package directions. Drain.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet or a Dutch oven. Add onion, celery, and carrots and cook 3 minutes.
- Add garlic powder, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and flour. Stir the flour in and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in the chicken broth and then the cream. Bring to a simmer. Add peas and corn and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes to thicken.
- Stir in chicken and Parmesan cheese.Stir in noodles. Check for seasoning and add more salt if needed.
1 thought on “Chicken Pot Pie Noodles”
Thank you for another delicious meal. We have recently tried to make some new recipes to liven up our daily suppers. We have many solid recipes already on “rotation.” However, just like trying new restaurants, we have decided to shake up the rotation a bit! We already have several good chicken pot pie recipes. This one with noodles and no pie crust looked interesting. It proved to be a very rich tasting meal with the egg noodles. The two cups of heavy cream and freshly grated Parmesan cheese really gave it some pop! Made a lot of food. Had some of the left overs for lunch today and it still tasted very fresh and good! My grandkids will be served this dish at their next visit!