BBQ Chicken Taquitos are filled with shredded rotisserie chicken, bbq sauce, corn, cream cheese, and Pepper Jack cheese and baked in the oven until crispy. They make an amazing snack or appetizer and are perfect for football watching. Even your pickiest eater will love these Taquitos.
Use your favorite BBQ Sauce. I like to use one that is sweet and tangy.
I used small flour tortillas becasue I like them better than corn, but you could use corn tortillas if that is what you like.
Since this recipe uses rotisserie chicken, it can be made in no time at all. The only slightly time consuming part is arranging the filling on the tortillas and rolling them up. But if you have kids, it’s the perfect activity to keep them busy.
It helps to heat the tortillas first so they are more pliable and less likely to tear. I place them on a plate, cover them with a damp paper towel and microwave them for about 20 seconds.
Just a touch of cream cheese makes the filling super creamy and helps hold it together. I added corn because I love how it tastes with anything BBQ but you could leave it out or use black beans instead.
For BBQ Sauce I like a sauce that’s thick and sweet like Kraft Barbecue Sauce.
BBQ Chicken Taquitos are awesome on there own, but even better if you dip them in Ranch dressing.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
BBQ Chicken Taquitos are filled with shredded rotisserie chicken, bbq sauce, corn, cream cheese, and Pepper Jack cheese and baked in the oven until crispy.
- 2 cups shredded chicken form a rotisserie chicken
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup corn (canned or frozen defrosted)
- 10 small tortillas, fajita size
- cooking spray or Vegetable oil
- extra BBQ Sauce for serving
- chopped cilantro, optional
- Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place chicken in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese and BBQ Sauce until smooth. Add to chicken and stir to mix evenly.
- Add Pepper Jack cheese, green onion, and corn to chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Spray one side of each tortilla with cooking spray or brush it with vegetable oil. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or Vegetable oil.
- Place filling down the center of each tortilla from one end to the other on the side that wasn't coated with cooking spray. Roll up tortilla and place seam side down on prepared sheet.
- Place in oven and bake until crispy and golden, about 20 minutes.
- To serve, drizzle with more bbq sauce and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- If desired, serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing.
You’ll Also Love this BBQ Chicken Dip!
More Finger Foods
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.