Strawberry Shortcake Shots are a 3-ingredient cocktail with the taste of Spring. Made from fresh strawberry puree, cake vodka, and Tequila Rose, this drink tastes just like strawberry shortcake in a glass.
These Strawberry Shortcake Shots are so easy to make. You just need a few shot glasses and you can eyeball all the measurements. You want roughly equal parts of each ingredient, but if you really like one of the ingredients, feel free to go a little heavy on it.
I had never bought Tequila Rose before I bought a bottle for this cocktail. It’s a Mexican Cream liqueur that’s a mixture of strawberry cream liqueur and tequila. Can you say delicious?
You barely taste the tequila. It tastes more like a strawberry milkshake and combined with a little cake-flavored vodka, it really tastes amazing. I’m thinking up all kinds of ways to use the rest of the bottle.
Tips for making Strawberry Shortcake Shots:
They will taste much better if all the ingredinets are chilled.
More ways to use Cake Vodka:
Try these other Strawberry Cocktails:
Starwberry Shortcake Shots
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- 1 part cake vodka
- 1 part Tequila Rose
- whole strawberries for garnish
- Place strawberries in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add a spoonful of pureed strawberries to a shot glass. (You want about equal parts of each of the 3 ingredients.)
- Add cake vodka to fill the glass 2/3's full.
- Top off with Tequila Rose.
- Garnish with strawberry.
Recipe adapted from: Chicken Scratch NY