A Strawberry Moscow Mule is the perfect cocktail for sipping on a hot summer day with your girlfriends. It’s fruity and sweet but not too sweet with a little kick from some vodka and some spice from ginger beer.
I don’t think there’s any better drink for summer than a Moscow Mule, especially when served in a copper cup. The copper makes the drink especially cold and delicious.
Moscow Mules have long been a favorite of mine at restaurants and I have recently started making them at home. Moscow Mules are simply a combination of ginger beer (which is actually nonalcoholic), lime juice, and vodka.
You should be able to find ginger beer at a well-stocked grocery store. Look for it on the soft drink aisle where the specialty soft drinks in the glass bottles are stocked.. Or you can order ginger beer online.
To give these Strawberry Moscow Mules a strawberry flavor, I made a simple strawberry syrup by combining fresh strawberries, water, and sugar in a small saucepan and simmering. I then strained the mixture to get rid of the solids.
Try These Other Cocktail Recipes:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 bottle ginger beer I used a 9.3-ounce bottle of Fentiman's Ginger Beer
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add strawberries. Mash strawberries with a fork and let mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Pour mixture through a fine-meshed sieve into a bowl and press on mixture with a rubber spatula to get all liquid out.
- Add 1/2 cup strawberry mixture to a pitcher along with lime juice and vodka. Stir well.
- Add ginger beer and stir.
- Pour into glasses or copper cups with ice.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally published June 17, 2016.
More Summer Cocktail Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.