Spinach and Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops are stuffed with a creamy filling that tastes like spinach dip.
Spicy Southern Kitchen participates in affiliate advertising programs. We may earn a commission when you make a purchase through links on our site.
Creamy Spinach Filling
The filling is a simple combination of chopped spinach, crumbled bacon, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and garlic powder. It adds so much flavor to these pork chops.
Pan-Fried Then Finished In The Oven
A cast iron pan is best to use for this recipe because it can be transfered to the oven. Sear the pork chops until golden on both sides and then transfer to the oven to finish cooking.
Use Thick-Cut Pork Chops
Thick-cut pork chops are best for stuffing. They will not cook too quickly and will stay juicy. I prefer bone-in but you can use boneless.
When Is Pork Done
Pork is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees. For best results, use an instant read thermometer. Pork gets dry and chewy when overcooked.
The filling can be mixed a day in advance and the pork chops can also be stuffed a day in advance. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to cook.
Spinach and Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe Tips
One clove of minced garlic can be used instead of garlic powder.
Double the amount of crushed red pepper flakes if you want this dish spicy.
Leftovers will keep for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can be reheated in a microwave or 300 degree oven.
More Pork Chop Recipes
- Easy Oven Barbecued Pork Chops
- Bourbon Apple Pork Chops
- Apple-Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops
- Garlic Parmesan Stuffed Pork Chops
- Brown Sugar Garlic Pork Chops
Spinach and Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 center-cut bone-in pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- Cook and crumble the bacon.
- Squeeze as much water as you can out of the spinach.In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, spinach, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.Mix in the crumbled bacon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut a slit in each pork chop and make a pocket. Stuff spinach mixture into pockets.Season outside of pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large oven-proof skillet. (I use cast iron.)
- When hot, add pork chops. Cook for about 2 minutes a side to brown them.Transfer to oven and cook for another 15 to 18 minutes.(Note: If there is leftover filling, place it in the skillet around the pork chops just before placing the skillet in the oven.)
2 thoughts on “Spinach and Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops”
I made these after a long day, so I substituted grated dry parmesan and deboned a few regular pork chops. Didn’t even bother to flatten them out. Pinned them shut with skewers and raised the temp to 375 plus another 5 at 400 degrees on convection to crisp up the outside. They were great and this will definitely be added to my “quick and easy” arsenal.
Tower Defense because it’s too good for me anyway.