Sausage Cheese Biscuits are loaded with ground breakfast sausage and cheddar cheese. They bake up wonderfully buttery, tender, and delicious. So much flavor in every bite!
I’ve tried making lots of different kinds of biscuits over the years and these Sausage Cheese Biscuits are right up there with my favorites. With a full pound of breakfast sausage added in these southern biscuits are practically a meal by themselves. The sausage adds so much awesome flavor. It’s like eating a sausage biscuit only better because the sausage is so wonderfully incorporated within the biscuit.
Tips for making Sausage Cheese Biscuits:
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, wrap in foil and place in the toaster oven for about 8 minutes.
- To freeze, individually wrap them. When ready to eat them, thaw completely, wrap in foil and heat in the toaster oven or oven.
- This recipe makes a large amount, but you can cut the amount in half or freeze some.
- No need to use a biscuit cutter. Just cut the dough into squares. So much simpler.
There’s nothing better vthan a homemade biscuit. Store-bought can’t even come close to competing. It can take a couple of times to really get the feel for biscuit making, but it is time well invested. While intimidating at first, once you get the hang of biscuit making, you can practically do it on autopilot and you won’t see how you ever thought biscuit making was challenging.
More Biscuit Recipes:
- 3-Ingredient Buttermilk Biscuits
- Angel Biscuits
- Brown Sugar Bacon Biscuits
- Funfetti Biscuits
- 7-Up Biscuits
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, I use Jimmy Dean
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, frozen
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook and crumble the sausage. Drain any fat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Grate butter using the large holes of a box grater. Stir into flour mixture.Stir in cheddar cheese and sausage.
- Combine buttermilk and heavy cream. Pour over flour mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix it in.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead it gently a few times and then roll it out into a 1-inch thick rectangle.Use a sharp knife to cut into 12 squares. Place them in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.