Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Rice is creamy, rich comfort food with chunks of white chicken meat. It is probably my favorite chicken Instant Pot meal to date.
This delicious meal can easily be made in 30 minutes and serves 4 to 6 people. It’s perfect for a weeknight meal and is best served with a green salad, or steamed broccoli or green beans.
Heavy cream, a can of condensed chicken soup, and cream cheese plus lots of Parmesan cheese makes Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Rice an insanely creamy and cheesy meal.
Garlic powder and onion powder give it all the extra flavor it needs.
Lefotvers reheat well.
You can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast.
The cream cheese that’s added at the end is what really makes this a wonderfully delicious chicken and rice. Kids will love this Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Rice. It has a fair amount of garlic flavor, but it is not too strong.
For best results, shred your own Parmesan cheese from a block of Parmesan instead of buying pre-shredded.
I use the Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer and love it. It can also be used as a slow cooker and a yogurt maker.
The whole family will be happy with this Instant Pot meal. It is so, so easy to make.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks and softened
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Turn Instant Pot to "Saute" mode. Add butter. When melted add chicken and onion and cook until most of the pink in the chicken is gone.
- Add water, heavy cream and chicken soup. Stir.
- Add rice, sprinkling it in so that it is evenly distributed. Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Do not stir.
- Place lid on. Make sure valve is in "sealing" position. Pressure Cook on HIGH for 5 minutes. Manually release pressure.
- Once the pin drops, remove lid and stir in cream cheese. Stir in Parmesan cheese, cheddar, and parsley. Place lid back on for a few minutes to melt cheese. Stir and serve. It will thicken up as it cools.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.