Cinnamon Sugar Drop Biscuits can be whipped up in just minutes and they are so tender, buttery, and fluffy with just the right amount of sweetness. For these biscuits I used White Lily’s brand new Wheat and Almond Flour Blend. If you like to bake, not just biscuits, but any kind of baking, you are going to want to try this new flour which just became available.
It gives these biscuits that wonderful light and fluffy texture that White Lily is so known for, plus a slight nutty flavor from the almonds.
With a little sugar added to the biscuit dough and more sugar and some ground cinnamon sprinkled on top, the flavor of these biscuits is spot on.
White Lily’s Whole Wheat and Almond Flour Blend is easy to use. Just sub it cup for cup in any recipe where you would use all-purpose flour. This is the newest product in White Lily’s new line of premium flour blends. You can read some about their other Premium Flour Blends here, here, and here. They make an All-Purpose Wheat Flour, a Wheat and White Grape Seed Flour Blend, and a Wheat and Red Grape Seed Flour Blend. And they are so much fun to bake with in the kitchen.
The Wheat and Almond Flour Blend, like the other blends, is a high quality flour that is certified non-GMO. The wheat is grown in the Pacific Northwest by Shepherd’s Grain by small family farmers who really care about their crops and practice sustainable farming. On the back of each bag is a unique code that you can type into the White Lily website to learn about the farmer who grew the wheat that was milled to go in that particular bag of flour.
You can read about my visit to a Shepherd’s Grain farm to see the wheat they grow for White Lily here.
These Cinnamon Sugar Drop Biscuits are perfect with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee for breakfast or they would be a great addition to an Easter brunch. Since they are drop biscuits they are so easy to make and virtually mess-free.
Just mix the White Lily Wheat and Almond Flour Blend, a little sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in some cold butter and add enough milk for a dough to form. I like to spray a small measuring cup with cooking spray and use it to scoop and drop the dough onto a baking sheet. Drizzle a little melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top, and pop them in the oven for about 12 minutes and you have the most tender, delicious biscuits that you’ll want to eat straight off the baking sheet.
Cinnamon Sugar Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups White Lily Wheat and Almond Blend
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons cold butter cut into cubes
- 3/4 to 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Sprinkle butter cubes across flour mixture and use a pastry cutter (or your fingers) to cut the butter in until mixture is mealy.
- Stir in 3/4 cup milk. Dough should be slightly wet. Add more milk if needed.
- Use a greased 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop and drop biscuits onto prepared baking sheet.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of biscuits.
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes.
More Biscuit Recipes
Skillet Snickerdoodle Biscuits
Disclosure: I am a White Lily Ambassador and this is a sponsored post. I love the opportunity to share products I love and use in the kitchen.