Chocolate Amaretto Cheesecake- a creamy and rich cheesecake with an oreo crust and an almond-flavored filling. Pure heaven!
Topped with fresh whipped cream and sliced toasted almonds, this Chocolate Amaretto Cheesecake is a pure almond delight. It’s totally easy to make and no water bath is needed.
The chocolate flavor in this cheesecake is intense. It comes from 4 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate. I like to use Baker’s Semi-sweet Chocolate.
Tips For making An Awesome Cheesecake:
For best results, let the cream cheese sit out for at least a few hours. If it is still cold, it is really hard to get it smooth and creamy.
The eggs should be at room temperature. If you forget to set them out, you can put them in a bowl of warm water for about 5 to 10 minutes.
No water bath is needed for this cheesecake. To help prevent cracks from forming, be careful not to overcook the cheesecake. The center should still jiggle a little when you remove it from the oven. If it does crack, no worries. It will still taste great and you can cover it with whipped cream or make a chocolate glaze.
Chocolate Graham Cracker crumbs can be used instead of oreos.
The amount of amaretto in this recipe gives the cheesecake a smooth almond flavor. For a more intense almond flavor, add a few drops of almond extract.
You will want to make the cheesecake a day in advance so that it has plenty of time to chill.
Try These Other Amazing Cheesecake Recipes:
- English Toffee Cheesecake
- Easy Oreo Cheesecake
- Pecan Praline Cheesecake
- Amaretto Cheesecake
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake
Chocolate Amaretto Cheesecake
- 9-Inch Springform Pan
- 2 cups finely crushed oreo cookies (about 24)
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- Toasted sliced almonds and whipped cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the crushed oreos and melted butter.Press into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Place chocolate in a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan and heat over low heat until melted, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, flour, and vanilla extract and beat until mixed well.
- Beat in eggs one at a time beating at low speed just until mixed in. Do not overbeat.
- Beat in melted chocolate, milk and amaretto just until incorporated.Pour batter into springform pan.
- Set springforn pan on a rimmed baking sheet Bake for 45 minutes, our until just the very center jiggles when you shake it. (It will set up as it cools.)
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge and loosen the sides of the pan.Let cool for 30 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Slice and serve with whipped cream and toasted almonds.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.