Black Forest Tart is a magical combination of chocolate and cherry with an oreo cookie crust, a chocolaty filling and plenty of cherries and chocolate drizzle on top.
This is a recipe I have been eyeing in a Taste of Home Magazine. I have literally zillions of recipes saved to try, but this one went to the top of my list because I have never, ever made anything Black Forest even though I adore a combination of chocolate and cherries.
Easy To Make Tart
I rarely make tarts and I’m not sure why. They are fairly simple to make, no more difficult than a pie, but for some reason they seem much more elegant and special than a pie.
The tart itself is fairly simple to make and the cherry topping is nothing more than a can of cherry pie filling.
Together they make one heck of a combination.
This dessert has three easy components.
- Oreo Crust
- Chocolate Filling.
- Cherry Topping with chocolate drizzle.
How To Serve
This chocolate dessert can be served warm, at room temperature, or chilled. Add a dollop of whipped cream to really take it over the top.
More Dessert Recipes With Cherries
- Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
- Cherry Chocolate Cobbler
- White Cake with Maraschino Cherry Frosting
- Merry Cherry Fudge
- 1 1/2 cups oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl stir together cookies crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press into bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 11-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
- To make filling, microwave butter and chocolate at 20 second increments until smooth when stirred. Cool 5 to 10 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt until thickened, about 4 minutes.
- With mixer on low, gradually beat in chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour.
- Pour batter into prepared crust. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool completely.
- Spread cherry pie filling on top
- Microwave chocolate and cream until melted. Stir until smooth. Drizzle on top of cherries. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted February 26, 2016.
More Dessert Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.