Black Forest Tart is a magical combination of chocolate and cherry with an oreo cookie crust, a chocolaty filling and plenty of cherries and chocolate drizzle on top.
This is a recipe I have been eyeing in a Taste of Home Magazine. I have literally zillions of recipes saved to try, but this one went to the top of my list because I have never, ever made anything Black Forest.
I rarely make tarts and I’m not sure why. They are fairly simple to make, no more difficult than a pie, but for some reason they seem much more elegant and special than a pie.
The tart itself is fairly simple to make and the cherry topping is nothing more than a can of cherry pie filling.
Together they make one heck of a combination.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Black Forest Tart
- 1 1/2 cups oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl stir together cookies crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press into bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 11-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
- To make filling, microwave butter and chocolate at 20 second increments until smooth when stirred. Cool 5 to 10 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt until thickened, about 4 minutes.
- With mixer on low, gradually beat in chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour.
- Pour batter into prepared crust. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool completely.
- Spread cherry pie filling on top
- Microwave chocolate and cream until melted. Stir until smooth. Drizzle on top of cherries. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
More Dessert Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.