Southern Peanut Noodles with Shrimp is a fun southern twist on Asian Peanut Noodles. You get all the typical flavors of peanut noodles: peanut butter, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar, plus some Tabasco sauce, collard greens, and bacon. It’s a delicious fusion dish that’s perfect for lunch or dinner.
The noodles are absolutely covered in a salty, sweet, and spicy peanut sauce.
I’ve used linguine but fettuccine or Chinese egg noodles would also work well. You could easily substitute chicken for the shrimp or just have the noodles be meatless. Tofu would be delicious as well.
Southern Peanut Noodles with Shrimp is an easy meal to make. The sauce gets mixed together in a bowl and set aside until needed. Cook 3 slices of chopped bacon in a large nonstick skillet until crispy. Set the bacon aside and use the bacon grease to cook the shrimp. Set the shrimp aside and use the grease to cook some collard greens and garlic until the collard greens are wilted.
Add 1/2 pound of cooked linguine, the sauce, and the shrimp to the pan and toss to mix everything well. Sprinkle the bacon and some chopped peanuts on top.
Some chopped fresh cilantro would also be good. To make Southern Peanut Noodles spicier, serve with extra hot sauce.
More Noodle Recipes
- Sriracha Noodles with Tofu
- Peanut Sesame Noodles
- Thai-Style Stir-Fried Noodles with Chicken and Broccolini
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, I use TABASCO sauce
- 2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 pound medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 cups sliced collard greens
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound linguini, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, water, vinegar, soy sauce, hot sauce, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add shrimp to the bacon grease left in the pan and cook until pink, about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add collard greens and garlic to pan and cook until collard greens are wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and add linguini, peanut sauce, and shrimp. Mix well and sprinkle with bacon and peanuts. Remove from heat and serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.