Slow Cooker BBQ Meatballs- an easy way to turn frozen meatballs into a party favorite. These meatballs are cooked in a sweet and tangy sauce that’s hard to resist.
- Tomato Sauce
- Brown Sugar– I use light, but dark can be used instead. Reduce the sugar amount for less sweetness in the sauce.
- Worcestershire Sauce– adds some salty flavor. Can sub with soy sauce.
- Liquid Smoke– gives some smoky bbq flavor.
- Garlic Powder– 2 minced garlic cloves can be used instead.
- Black Pepper
- Onion– use sweet, yellow, or white.
- Frozen Meatballs– any brand or style will work for this. Make sure you are using pre-cooked frozen meatballs.
Short Prep Time
There’s hardly any prep time needed for this recipe and no need to thaw the meatballs. Just whisk the sauce ingredients together. Add the meatballs to the crock pot and pour the sauce over them. The crock pot does the rest.
Short Cook Time
The meatballs only need about 3 hours to cook on HIGH. (Be sure you are using pre-cooked meatballs.) Give them a stir halfway through to prevent the sauce from burning around the edges.
- 6 to 7-Quart Slow Cooker– I use this 7-quart Crock-Pot. It is a basic slow cooker and very inexpensive.
Make It Spicy
If you want to make the sauce spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
How To Serve Slow Cooker BBQ Meatballs
Make a great holiday appetizer or gameday snack. Serve them with toothpicks or they make a great meal served over white rice.
Will keep for 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in a microwave.
More Meatball Recipes
- Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Meatballs
- Spicy Grape Meatballs
- Barbecue Bacon Meatballs
- Spicy Apple-Glazed Meatballs
- Crock Pot Cranberry Meatballs
- 6 to 7 quart slow cooker
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 2 pounds fully cooked frozen meatballs
- In a medium bowl stir together the first 8 ingredients.
- Place frozen meatballs in a lightly greased 6 to 7-quart slow cooker.
- Pour sauce over them.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours, stirring halfway through.