Red, White & Blue Jello Salad is a wonderful patriotic dessert with delicious layers of gelatin and fresh fruit. It’s a refreshing treat for a 4th of July picnic. Kids and adults alike will love it.
I’ve never been a huge fan of jello, but this Red, White & Blue Jello Salad is absolutely delicious. The bottom layer is made from berry blue Jello and fresh blueberries. The top layer is raspberry Jello and fresh raspberries. You can substitute strawberries if you like.
My favorite layer is the middle layer, a magnificent layer of sour cream, heavy cream, sugar, and gelatin. The texture of it is to die for. So creamy and rich.
This patriotic salad is super easy to make, but a little time-consuming. You definitely want to make it a day in advance. Each layer needs to set up before you add the next layer.
Be sure to make it in a trifle dish or a glass serving bowl to get the full visual effect. The red, white and blue layers are striking, especially with a mound of whipped topping and berries on top.
You could easily double the recipe to feed a larger crowd. Or you can make it in individual serving sizes. Use either clear plastic or glass cups or bowls.
It’s a great way to celebrate with red, white, and blue!
Be sure to subscribe to our YOUTUBE Channel for lots of short cooking videos!
More Patriotic Treats
- Red, White & Blue Cheesecake Salad
- 4th of July Fruit Kabobs
- Red, White & Blue Cheesecake Strawberries
- Red, White & Blue Fruit Salad
- Brownie Flag
- 1 (3-ounce) package berry blue gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3-ounce) package raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- whipped topping and additional berries
- Dissolve the berry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Stir in 1 cup cold water. Add blueberries and pour into a 3-quart serving bowl or trifle dish. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Do not proceed to the next step until it firms up.
- Add 1/2 cup of cold water to a small saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Let sit 1 minute. Add heavy cream and sugar. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- Whisk in sour cream and vanilla extract. Pour over blueberry layer and refrigerate until firm.
- Dissolve raspberry gelatin in a cup boiling water. Stir in 1 cup cold water. Let cool a few minutes and then add raspberries. Pour over the sour cream layer and refrigerate until firm.
- Top with whipped topping and berries and serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.