I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™
Johnsonville Corn Dogs and Mac and Cheese Muffins make the perfect kid-friendly meal. When I eat a corn dog, it brings back memories of baseball games, state fairs, and block parties.
Why is it so much more fun to eat food when it comes on a stick?
Johnsonville Corn Dogs come in two flavors: Beddar with Cheddar and Original Smoked Sausage. They are made from 100% premium pork and contain 35% more meat than other corn dogs. The meat to batter ratio is just right.
Each box contains 8 corn dogs and they are available exclusively at Walmart in the frozen food section.
You can’t beat that wonderful Johnsonville sausage taste with a corn bread batter coating that gets crispy in the oven, but not greasy.
I especially love the Beddar with Cheddar flavor. They have little chunks of cheese throughout the sausage that get all melted as the corn dog cooks. They are the perfect compliment to these mini Mac and Cheese Muffins.
I use 3 kinds of cheese to make these Mac and Cheese Muffins so that they have plenty of cheese flavor. And I love mac and cheese in muffin form. They can be picked up and eaten by hand, making them just the thing to serve with corn dogs. No utensils needed!
I add some crushed potato chips to the Mac and Cheese Muffins to give them a crunchy topping.
- 12 ounces pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces pasteurized cheese cut into cubes (Velveeta)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 12-cup nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine just cooked and still warm pasta with butter and Velveeta cheese. Stir until butter melts.
- Whisk together milk, egg, pinch of salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Stir into pasta mixture.
- Add 1 cup cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese to pasta mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese and potato chips on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool slightly before running a knife around the edge of each muffin and removing from pan.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Mac and Cheese Favorites