Irish Cream Poke Cake is a delicously moist poke cake soaked with Irish Cream and topped with an Irish Cream-flavored chocolate whipped cream. It’s a wonderful dessert to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with!
This cake has lots of chocolate flavor and Irish Cream in the cake batter, the poke cake filling, and the whipped cream frosting. It is an Irish Cream lover’s dream!
Irish Cream Poke Cake is easy to make with a box of chocolate cake mix. Make the cake batter according the box instructions, trading out 1/4 cup of water for Irish Cream. Bake in a 9×13-inch pan. Let cool 10 minutes and then poke holes all in the top.
Whisk together a can of sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, cocoa powder, and Irish cream. Pour slowly over the cake so that it seeps into the holes. Refrigerate for 1 hour and then top with Irish cream-flavored whipped cream.
I also like to grate some semi-sweet chocolate on top. You can never have too much chocolate!
More Potluck Desserts
- Blueberry Dessert
- Birthday Cake Lush
- Butterscotch Lush
- German Chocolate Upside Down Cake
- Cheerwine Poke Cake
Irish Cream Poke Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- ingredients on back of cake box
- 1/4 cup Irish Cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Irish Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Irish Cream
- grated chocolate for garnish, optional
- Make cake in a 9x13-inch pan according to package directions, EXCEPT trade out 1/4 cup of water for Irish Cream. (For example, if box says to add 1 1/4 cups water, add 1 cup water and 1/4 cup Irish Cream.)
- Let cake cool for 10 minutes and then poke holes all over the top with the end of a wooden spoon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, cocoa powder, and Irish Cream. Slowly pour over cake. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To make frosting, place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer until mixture gets thick. Spread over cake. Keep refrigerated.
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate if desired.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.