February is over! Can I get a hip-hip hooray? Sorry, but January and February are my least favorite months. So even without St Patrick’s Day approaching, I feel like celebrating once March arrives.
And these brownies happen to be perfect for celebrating March and St. Patrick’s Day. These Irish Cream Brownies are rich and gooey with a deep chocolate flavor, a layer of cheesecake, and a layer of melted chocolate on top.
Make these brownies for St Patrick’s Day and they will be sure to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
There’s plenty of Bailey’s Irish Cream in these brownies. I’ve used it both in the brownie layer and the cheesecake layer. The brownie and cheesecake layers are baked together and then covered with a chocolate layer. There can never be too much chocolate!
Since there’s a cheesecake layer, you’ll need to store these brownies in the refrigerator if they don’t get eaten right away.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Irish Cream Brownies are rich and gooey with a deep chocolate flavor, a layer of cheesecake, and a layer of melted chocolate on top.
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Bailey's Irish cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable shortening
- Grease a9x9-inch pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium pan over low heat, melt butter and unsweetened chocolate, stirring frequently. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups sugar and 3 eggs until blended well.
- Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture.
- Whisk in Bailey's Irish Cream and vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt, and cocoa powder and stir into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until creamy. Beat in 1/4 cup sugar, Bailey's Irish Cream, and egg. Pour over brownie batter.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Microwave chocolate chips and shortening in a bowl at 20 second intervals until smooth when stirred. Spread on top of cooled brownies.
More Boozie Brownies
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.