Cheesy Maple Bacon Chicken is a baked chicken dinner that’s full of sweet, salty, spicy flavor.
This is truly one of my favorite chicken dishes and it tastes just like something you would get at TGI Fridays or Applebee’s, but it’s super easy to make at home. The chicken bakes in the oven so most of the cooking time is hands off.
A combination of soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, Dijon mustard and cayenne pepper perfectly flavors the chicken and makes a sauce as it bakes.
How To Make Cheesy Maple Bacon Chicken:
You’ll start by cooking the bacon in a large nonstick skillet. You want to undercook it slightly because it will cook more in the oven.
Set the bacon aside and drain off all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease. Season the chicken with cajun seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and brown the chicken in the bacon grease. Just cook it long enough to get a good sear on each side.
Place the chicken in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Whisk together the maple-soy mixture and pour it over the chicken, reserving about 2 tablespoons. Cover with foil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Drizzle the remaining maple-soy mixture over the chicken, top each piece with a slice of cheese and 2 slices of bacon. Bake uncovered for another 8 to 10 minutes.
Cheddar, Provolone, or Pepper Jack cheese can be used instead of Colby Jack cheese.
Use 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper if you want just a little heat and 1/2 teapsoon if you want more substantial heat.
Try These Other Amazing Chicken Recipes:
Cheesy Maple Bacon Chicken
- 12 slices bacon
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 slices Colby Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon until about 75% done in a large nonstick skillet. It will finish cooking in the oven.Remove to paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease.
- Season both sides of chicken with Cajun seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Brown the chicken on both sides in the bacon grease. Just cook for a couple of minutes per side. Place in a 9x13-inch greased baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, mustard, and cayenne pepper.Set aside 2 tablespoons and drizzle the rest over the chicken.
- Cover and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Drizzle the remaining maple syrup mixture over the chicken.
- Cover each piece of chicken with a slice of cheese and top with 2 slices of bacon.
- Return to the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.