Biscuit Mini Focaccia is a super easy way to add a flavorful bread to an Italian meal. Biscuit Focaccia is made with canned biscuits, rolled out thin and topped with a homemade basil pesto, pine nuts and Parmesan cheese.
If you are in a time crunch, you could use prepared pesto to make the recipe.
Now mind you, these don’t taste anything like real focaccia. But the canned biscuits have a wonderful buttery taste that is divine when topped with so much flavor.
And speaking of real focaccia, it has been years since I’ve made it and last time I did, I really wasn’t satisfied with it. But I just signed up for Craftsy’s Meredith Deeds’ Focaccia & Flatbreads From Around the World class so hopefully there’s lots of super yummy homemade focaccia in my future.
But in the mean time, I’ll be happy eating these super easy mini focaccia rounds made out of biscuits.
They taste great paired with just about anything. Or even just eaten on their own!
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 (16-ounce) can refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, process basil, thyme, oregano, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, and oil until finely chopped.
- Pull each biscuit apart into two pieces by separating the layers. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and flatted and enlarge each biscuit with your fingers.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of pesto mixture on each biscuit round. Sprinkle with pine nuts and cheese.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe Source: adapted from Pillsbury
Biscuit Mini Focaccia Would Taste Great with:
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.