A unique martini that features a blend of mango and pepper vodkas. Perfect for your Mardi Gras celebration.
Since Mardi Gras is approaching, I like to get out my beads, put some Jazz music on and try a few New Orleans-themed recipes. Last month I made Mardi Gras Monkey Bread-Yum!
And last week I tried these Big Easy Martinis from a recipe in Louisiana Cookin’. If you are a fan of Cajun and Creole cooking, you need a subscription for this magazine. I’ve found so many good recipes in it.
This Big Easy Martini is a combination of mango vodka, pepper vodka, sweet and sour mix, and simple syrup. What mango has to do with New Orleans, I’m not sure. It tastes good, so I’m not complaining. The pepper vodka definitely fits in with the Big Easy theme.
The taste of this martini is a little unusual at first. Your taste buds first reaction will probably be…hmmm, I’ve never tasted a flavor combination like this. But like any cocktail, it gets better and better with each sip. Midway through my second one I was really loving it. 🙂
If you’re throwing a Mardi Gras party and you want another drink to serve besides Hurricanes, give these Big Easy Martinis a try. They’ll definitely be a conversation starter.
Big Easy Martini
- 1 1/2 cups mango vodka, chilled
- 1/3 cup pepper vodka, chilled
- 1/3 cup sweet and sour mix, chilled
- 1/3 cup simple syrup, chilled
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- water for dipping rims and colored sugars, optional
- maraschino cherries, optional
- Stir vodkas, sweet and sour mix, simple syrup, and lime juice together in a pitcher.
- Dip rims of glasses in water and then in sugar.
- Pour martini mixture into glasses and garnish with cherries.
- To make simple syrup: Bring 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar to a boil in a small saucepan Reduce heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate.
Disclosure: Spicy Southern Kitchen is an amazon.com affiliate.