Bacon Parmesan Steak Fries- these baked fries are loaded with smoky, salty flavor.
How To Serve Bacon Parmesan Steak Fries
Bacon Parmesan Steak Fries make a great appetizer or side for steak, chicken, or pork chops. They taste awesome on their own, but even better when served with ranch or blue cheese dip.
Lots of Flavor
These steak fries have tons of bacon flavor. You’ll use bacon grease to coat the potatoes and then sprinkle them with crumbled bacon when they are almost fully cooked. There’s also the salty, briny flavor of Parmesan cheese. I also like to add a little chopped fresh rosemary. It can be left out or you can use parsley instead.
The variations for this recipe are endless.
- To make it spicy, add diced pickled jalapenos or 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Substitute 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese or Pepper Jack cheese for the Parmesan cheese.
- Add 2 sliced green onions.
- For garlic flavor, add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or 2 minced garlic cloves.
- Cajun seasoning can be used instead of steak seasoning.
Cooking time will vary based on the size of your potatoes and wedges. Use the cooking time as an estimate.
Spread the potato wedges out on the baking sheet so they have room around them. They will get crispier this way. Use more than one baking sheet if necessary. I like to push them closer together when I sprinkle the cheese and bacon on top so less of the cheese winds up on the baking sheet.
Shred your own Parmesan cheese for best flavor.
Best eaten right away but leftovers will keep for 3 days in an airtight container. Reheat in an air fryer or toaster oven.
More Amazing Potato Recipes
- Parmesan Crusted Ranch Potato Wedges
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- Bacon-Braised Red Potatoes
- Shake and Bake Ranch Potatoes
- Melting Potatoes
- Italian Roasted Potatoes
Bacon Parmesan Steak Fries
- 2 to 3 medium russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and scrub potatoes. Cut each one into 8 to 12 wedges.Place in a bowl and add oil, bacon grease, steak seasoning, paprika, and pepper.Depending on how much salt your steak seasoning has in it and how salty you like your fries, add salt to taste.
- Spread potatoes out on a greased baking sheet or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes and flip over.Return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle parmesan, bacon and rosemary on top and return to oven for 5 minutes.