Chocolate Chip Cookies become a wonderful fall treat with the addition of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. These Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies bake up soft and cakey and have plenty of chocolate chips.
Pumpkin and chocolate. It’s totally a winning combination. And hopefully you’ve stocked up on canned pumpkin because I hear there’s a shortage this year.
I’m one of those people who looks forward with great anticipation to pumpkin season each year. Although, to be honest, since I pretty much only use canned pumpkin, I have a tendency to bake with pumpkin year round. The pumpkin baking just gets ratcheted up a few notches during the fall months. Because it’s a necessity that my house be filled with the wonderful aroma of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger as much as possible during September, October, and November.
And I totally can’t believe that November is almost here. That means there’s precious little time left for fall baking.
Better hop to it and make these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. 🙂
I know a lot of people aren’t that crzy about cake-like cookies. But I love them. I feel like I’m having my cookies and my cake too. 🙂
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray or use parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger. and salt. Set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars until combined.
- Mix in egg, pumpkin, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Edges should be getting firm, but middle should still be soft.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from The Baker Upstairs.
8 thoughts on “Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Delicious. I use these cookies to make pumpkin ice cream with pumpkin chocolate chip cookies broken up in it. Great soft cookie.
duncan is cool
I absolutely adore pumpkin and chocolate together. Your cookies look perfect, Christin! I just made pumpkin cookies for OXO’s cookies for kids and had the hardest time with the photos. You always know how to rock your cookie photos, I wish I had a dozen of these right now 🙂
These cookies look perfect! Pumpkin chocolate chip is a favorite around here this time of year!
These cookies are absolutely sensational!!!!
I love pumpkin cookies, especially when they’re loaded with chocolate chips! These look so addicting!
These cookies look unreal! Melty chocolate and all that pumpkin flavor 🙂 Pinning!
Pumpkin and chocolate is really yummy combination!