Salmon Croquettes with Cilantro Mayonnaise have lots of fresh flavor from shallots, lemon, green onions, and fresh cilantro and they make a wonderful protein-packed lunch. They also make a tasty appetizer.
They can be assembled ahead of time and only take a few minutes to pan fry.
The Cilantro Mayonnaise tastes wonderful with them. It’s a simple mixture of mayonnaise, lemon juice, shallots, lemon pepper seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and red pepper flakes. And of course, cilantro! If you’re a cilantro lover, you cant’ find a better salmon croquette recipe than this one. If you’re not a cilantro lover, just substitute parsley.
The Cilantro Mayonnaise can be made ahead of time. Be sure to use a quality mayo. I like Duke’s mayonnaise.
Shape Into Patties
I like to shape my Salmon Croquettes into small patties. They hold together better when you pan-fry them and they are the perfect size for appetizers. You can get some mini slider buns and make sliders out of them.
Salmon Croquettes Recipe Tip
If you have time, shape the patties at least 20 minutes ahead of time and refrigerate them. They will hold together better when you cook them.
When I make these Salmon Croquettes with Cilantro Mayonnaise, I can not get enough of them. I could probably eat the whole batch myself. Give them a try and see if you like them as much as I do!
More Salmon Recipes
- Southern Salmon Patties
- Grilled Salmon Burritos with Chipotle Cream
- Easy Salmon Pot Pie
- Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
- BBQ Salmon Cobb Salad
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning, Zatarain’s or Tony Chachere
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 (5-ounce) cans pink salmon, any bones and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients for Cilantro Mayonnaise. Refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, stir together Panko crumbs, flour, shallots, green onions, egg, Creole seasoning, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and mayonnaise.
- Fold in salmon and cilantro. Shape into 10-12 small patties. If possible, refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick pan. Add croquettes and cook until golden on bottom. Flip over, add remaining tablespoon of butter and cook until golden on bottom.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Simply Done, Well Done
Originally posted July 10, 2017.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.