Hummingbird Bundt Cake is a delicious bundt cake version of the hugely popular southern layer cake. Flavored with banana, pineapple, cinnamon, and pecans with a cream cheese glaze.
This cake is super moist and stays fresh-tasting for days. No mixer needed to make this easy bundt cake that is practically foolproof. Ripe banana, a can of crushed pineapple and vegetable oil make this cake supremely moist and it will stay that way for days.
HOW TO MAKE HUMMINGBIRD BUNDT CAKE:
You’ll first stir together the dry ingredients in a large bowl. I use a combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar but you can use all granulated sugar if it is all you have.
Stir in the mashed banana, undrained pineapple, oil, and vanilla extract until mixed together.
Spray a 14-cup bundt pan with baking spray with flour. Scatter 1 cup of toasted pecans in the bottom and pour the batter on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes.
Once the cake has cooled, cover it with glaze. It’s a really thick cream cheese glaze that’s really more of a frosting than a glaze and it is the perfect finishing touch to this homemade bundt cake.
- Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator.
- Be sure to use ripe bananas that have plenty of black spots on the peels. Unripe bananas won’t add enough sweetness or moisture.
- Use a good quality baking spray with flour so that the cake doesn’t stick. I have always had good luck with Baker’s Joy.
A scartch-made cake really doesn’t get any easier or more delicious than this Hummingbird Bundt Cake
Try These Other Hummingbird Desserts:
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups mashed ripe bananas, about 3 or 4
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread pecans out in a baking pan and bake for 8 minutes to toast them, stirring once halfway through.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in eggs, mashed banana, pineapple, oil, and vanilla until there are no streaks of flour left.
- Spray a 14-cup Bundt pan well with baking spray with flour. Scatter 1 cup of the toasted pecans in the bottom of the Bundt pan.
- Pour the batter into the Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes and then invert onto a cake stand or serving platter to cool completely.
- To make glaze, place cream cheese, vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk in a large bowl. Beat with a hand-held mixer until smooth.
- Beat in 1 cup of powdered sugar until smooth.Beat in the second cup.
- Beat in another tablespoon of milk of milk if too thick.
- Pour glaze over cake. Top with remaining chopped pecans.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe Source: slightly adapted from Southern Living