Butterscotch French Toast Casserole can be prepped the night before and popped in the oven in the morning. It has lots of butterscotch flavor baked right in and a crunchy graham cracker topping for even more flavor. This is a sweet, indulgent breakfast that’s great for the holidays.
Jarred butterscotch ice cream topping gets mixed in with eggs and milk and poured into a 7×11-inch casserole dish filled with French bread cut into bite-sized pieces.
Next time you have a house full of guests there’s no reason to get up early to slave away on a big breakfast. Assemble this Butterscotch French Toast Casserole the night before and relax the next morning. It only needs about 25 minutes in the oven. Serve with more Butterscotch sauce or with maple syrup and a side of bacon for a breakfast that will be talked about for a long time to come.
- Place bread pieces in a 7X11-inch greased pan. (Or use a casserole dish that is slightly smaller than a 9x13-inch)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and 1/2 cup Butterscotch sauce.
- Pour egg mixture over bread pieces. Press down on the bread pieces so that they absorb the liquid evenly. Cover an refrigerate at least 90 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together melted butter, brown sugar, and 2 tablespoons Butterscotch sauce. Mix in graham cracker pieces.
- Sprinkle graham cracker mixture on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve drizzled with more Butterscotch sauce or maple syrup.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Adapted from Dizzy, Busy, and Hungry
More Breakfast Recipes for feeding a crowd.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.