Buttery blondies sweetened with plenty of brown sugar and semisweet chocolate chips. They are moist and soft with the crunch of a few pecans. Chocolate Chip Blondies are simple divine all on their own, but to make them extra decadent, I’ve added a scoop of vanilla ice cream and an easy Caramel-Bourbon Sauce.
Now technically it is not really a caramel sauce. More of a brown sugar sauce. But it looks and tastes like caramel sauce and is infinitely more easy to make.
Bourbon, with its hints of caramel and vanilla really complements the flavor of the sauce. I’m currently fantasizing about how good it would be drizzled on a warm apple crumble or apple pie, or apple anything really. With the temperature hitting close to 90 degrees today, I must be dreaming of fall weather already.
A plain blondie or brownie is by itself one of my absolute favorite sweet treats. I’ll take them over cookies any day, a cake most days, and pie? It depends on the pie. I do so love pies as well.
Blondies are best when they are moist, rich, and exceptionally buttery. These blondies are all of those things and more.
These Chocolate Chip Blondies with Caramel-Bourbon Sauce would be an easy dessert to make for a summer cookout. Everything can be made ahead of time and assembled last minute. If the caramel sauce thickens up too much, just microwave it for a few seconds.
Dripping with ooey, gooey Caramel-Bourbon Sauce, no one will be able to resist these blondies. Promise.
- 1¾ cups brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- ½ tablespoon bourbon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together brown sugar and butter.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and whisk until incorporated.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and use a wooden spoon to fold into mixture until no flour is visible. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 35-38 minutes. Let cool before slicing.
- To make Caramel-Bourbon Sauce, heat brown sugar, butter, heavy cream, and bourbon in a small pan. Bring to a boil and whisk for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- To serve, cut blondies into squares. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and Caramel-Bourbon Sauce.