This buttery Vanilla Wafer Cake uses a box of Vanilla Wafers instead of flour. Shredded coconut and chopped pecans get mixed into the batter and it is baked up in a bundt pan. This is seriously one of the most delicious cakes I’ve ever eaten. I think I gained about 5 pounds the week I made this cake because I kept going back for just one more little sliver.
It’s positively addicting!
This is a recipe that’s been around for quite a few years and it is similar to a pound cake, only I think it is much, much better.
Vanilla Wafer Cake doesn’t have any icing and it really doesn’t need any. Maybe a dollop of whipped cream, but that is all.
Vanilla Wafer Cake bakes up wonderfully moist and sweet and it will stay fresh for days. It’s sturdy like a pound cake, making it a good choice for taking to potlucks.
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Youtube, Facebook, and Pinterest.
Watch the short video below to see how easy this cake is!
Vanilla Wafer Cake
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup), softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 (11-ounce) box vanilla wafers, placed in a plastic bag and crushed with a rolling pin or use a food processor
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (7-ounce) package sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour abundt pan well.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Alternate between mixing in vanilla wafer crumbs and milk.
- Stir in vanilla extract, coconut, and pecans.
- Place in oven and bake for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes and then invert onto a cake stand or plate.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Old-Fashioned Cakes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
56 thoughts on “Vanilla Wafer Cake”
I love this cake! My late mil gave it to me years ago, the recipe was a tad different and I always put in a lot of coconut and pecans!
Excellent! Very easy to make. Check after about 40 mins, ours was done at 47 😀
Best cake ever.
Made this and my friends thought it was absolutely delicious!!!!!!
Absolutely most delicious cake ever. Recipe turned out perfect
I topped it with homemade Cream Cheese frosting made with butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar vanilla and chopped pecans!!
I’ve used this recipe 4 or 5 times and we love it
are you using salted or unsalted butter
Anyone have experience freezing this cake? How did it turn out? How long did you keep it in the freezer?