Looking for an easy, convenient, and tasty lunch? BBQ Salmon Tortilla Pizzas will help break you out of a lunch rut. They are a cinch to make with Chicken of the Sea ®’s new flavored pink salmon pouches: Lemon Pepper, Sweet and Spicy, Barbecue, and Sriracha. Keep a few of these pouches on hand in your pantry and you can easily and quickly add flavor to any salad, sandwich, or rice bowl. Even a pizza!
I grew up eating Chicken of the Sea ® Tuna and I have recently started using Chicken of the Sea ® Pink Salmon pouches to make my Southern Salmon Patties.
When I found out about the flavored pouches, I was super excited to give them a try. Salmon is high in Omega-3 acids and protein and has low levels of saturated fat, making it a great base for a nutritious lunch.
BBQ Chicken Pizza is always one of my restaurant favorites and I love the ease of using a tortilla to make a mini lunch pizza. I thought the Barbecue Pink Salmon would be the perfect base for a pizza and I was thrilled with how it turned out.
Only a few simple ingredients are needed to make this delicious lunch pizza: tortillas, your favorite BBQ sauce, onion, green pepper, your cheese of choice, and a pouch of Chicken of the Sea ® Barbecue Salmon. Plus some fresh cilantro if you like it.
Once you assemble it all, place it in a hot oven until crispy, crunchy, and golden. The salmon itself already has a wonderful barbecue sauce flavor so there’s no need to add much sauce.
This year Chicken of the Sea ® is sponsoring the first ever National Salmon Day on October 8 and to celebrate it, they are offering a one-day only coupon (October 8).
ENTER GIVEAWAY BELOW
Looking for an easy, convenient, and tasty lunch? BBQ Salmon Tortilla Pizzas will help break you out of a lunch rut.
- 2 small tortillas, fajita-size
- 2 teaspoons BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (2.5-ounce) pouch Chicken of the Sea Barbecue Salmon
- ½ cup shredded cheese (Mozzarella, Cheddar, Mexican or Colby Jack)
- chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray both sides of tortillas with cooking spray
- Working one tortilla at a time, spread with BBQ sauce and sprinkle with half the onion, green pepper, salmon, and cheese.
- Place in a cast iron pan and place pan in oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until tortilla is golden and crispy. (I think a cast iron pan works best for crispiness, but you can also use a baking sheet.)
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Repeat for second pizza which will cook faster since the pan will still be warm.
Note: If you VERY thinly slice the onion and pepper, they should get cooked enough in the oven. But if you want to make sure, precook them in a skillet with a little oil or microwave them until soft.
“Pink Up Your Lunch” kit which includes:
o Samples of our Flavored Salmon Pouches (Lemon Pepper, Barbeque & Sweet and Spicy)
o Collapsible Bento Box
o Tote Bag
Open only to US Residents. Must be 18 or older to enter.
One winner will be randomly chosen and notified by email within 48 hours of end of giveaway. If winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen.
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine and I love the opportunity to share products I use and love.