Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese is a stovetop mac and cheese that is super creamy and spicy. Shredded cooked chicken gets mixed in making this a one dish meal. Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles, green onions, and more hot sauce on top for extra flavor.
Prep Time 8 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
- 8 ounces uncooked macaroni pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Frank's hot sauce
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 green onions, sliced
Cook macaroni according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat.
Add flour. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a simmer. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and dry mustard.
Once thickened, turn heat to low and add cream cheese. Stir until melted.
Add Monterey Jack cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir until melted.
Stir in sour cream and hot sauce.
Stir in macaroni, chicken and blue cheese. Sprinkle with green onions.