Jalapeno Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
Jalapeno Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is a warm, comforting meal with a little kick that's the perfect way to warm up on cold nights. You have all the flavors of a cheeseburger in a thick and creamy soup: bacon, mustard, pickles, ground beef, plus some jalapenos.
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow or sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- dill pickle slices, optional
Cook bacon until crispy in a Dutch oven. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Pour off grease and save for another use.
Add ground beef in one piece to same Dutch oven. Turn heat to medium-high and cook until browned on the bottom. Flip it over and break it into chunks. Add onion, red pepper, and green pepper.
Cook, stirring frequently until ground beef is no longer pink and veggies are softened.
Add jalapenos and cook 1 more minute. Drain off as much grease as possible. Season mixture lightly with salt.
Add beef broth, potato and Italian seasoning. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour. Stir flour into butter and cook 1 minute. Stir into soup.
Bring soup to a simmer. Add milk, Velveeta cheese, and black pepper. Stir and cook on low until Velveeta is melted.
Ladle into bowls and sprinkle cheddar cheese and bacon on top.
Sprinkle pickles on top if desired