Flamin Cheetos Mac and Cheese
Flamin Cheetos Mac and Cheese has a crunchy topping of crushed Flamin Hot Cheetos. The mac and cheese itself is creamy, cheesy, and spicy.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 8 ounces elbow or corkscrew pasta, cooked to al dente
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 an (8-ounce) block pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup coarsely crushed Flamin Cheetos
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 7X11-inch baking dish.
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Sprinkle in flour and whisk in, cooking for 1 minute.
Gradually whisk in milk and half-and-half. Keep whisking until it comes to a simmer and simmer for about 2 minutes.
Add cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
Turn heat to low. Add cheese a handful at a time, whisking until melted.
Add cooked pasta to prepared pan. Pour cheese sauce on top, stirring to mix the cheese sauce in.
Combine crushed cheetos and melted butter and scatter evenly on top.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.