Deep Dish Taco Squares
Deep Dish Taco Squares have an easy crust made form Bisquick, a layer of taco meat, and a creamy, cheesy top.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 yellow or sweet onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can green chilies
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cup biscuit mix, Bisquick
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 medium tomato diced, or 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, drained
- Paprika, optional
- avocado, shredded lettuce for serving, optional
In a large nonstick pan, cook and crumble ground beef. When it is no longer pink, add onion and jalapeno and cook until soft.
Add can of green chilies, taco seasoning, and 1/4 cup water. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, and cheddar cheese. Set aside.
In another medium bowl, combine biscuit mix and 1/3 cup water and stir until a soft dough forms.
Coat an 8x8-inch pan with cooking spray. Add dough to pan and pat down and spread so that it covers the bottom and extends some up the sides.
Layer beef, then tomatoes, and sour cream mixture over the dough. Sprinkle with paprika.
Place in 375 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve with avocado and shredded lettuce, if desired.