Slow Cooker Chicken Korma
Slow Cooker Chicken Korma has tender chunks of white chicken meat covered in a wonderfully spiced coconut/cashew sauce. Serve over white rice with a side of naan for a delicious home-cooked Indian meal.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- slivered almonds and chopped fresh cilantro
Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper and place in the bottom of a lightly greased 6-quart slow cooker.
Place next 12 ingredients in a blender. Add the liquid from the can of coconut milk. (Save the solid part to stir in later.)
Blend until smooth. Pour on top of chicken. Add onion and garlic and stir together.
Place lid on slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
Open crock pot and add solids from the can of coconut milk. Stir in.
Serve over rice with almonds and cilantro.