Crock Pot Spicy Vegetable Beef Soup
Crock Pot Spicy Vegetable Beef Soup is a hearty and satisfying soup full of browned ground beef, potatoes, and vegetables in a wonderful tomato broth.
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (24-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teapsoon black pepper
Cook the beef and onion in a large nonstick skllet, crumbling the beef as it cooks. When beef is no longer pink, drain off the grease and transfer the beef/onion mixture to a 6-quart crock pot.
Add remaining ingredients and stir together.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
Note: To save time, add the other ingredients to the crock pot while the beef browns.
You can skip the browning the beef step and add the raw ground beef to the crock pot. I recommend using lean ground beef if you do this and cook for the maximum cook time.
I recommend a 12 to 14 ounce bag of frozen vegetables.
Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 985mg | Potassium: 998mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3008IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 4mg