Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with Bacon
Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with Bacon- the carrots and parsnips are roasted until golden and caramelized and coated in a sweet glaze. Lots of crumbled bacon adds a wonderful smokiness.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablepsoon cane syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
I like to cut the thick ends of the carrots and parsnips in half horizontally so that all the pieces are more or less the same thickness and will cook at roughly the same rate.
Mape syrup can be used instead of cane syrup.