One Pot Creamy Chicken Enchilada Skillet
One Pot Creamy Enchilada Skillet makes a quick and easy weeknight meal. It's full of white chicken meat, spices, cheese, tortillas, and a whole lot of creaminess! All the flavor of creamy enchiladas, but so much easier to make.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 10 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese or Colby Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Melt butter over medium heat in a large pan. Add onion and cook until soft.
Sprinkle flour into pan. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
Gradually whisk in chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes to thicken.
Stir in salt, chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Add chicken breasts. Cover pan, turning heat down if necessary. Cook 12 to 15 minutes.
Remove chicken from pan. Stir sour cream, tomatoes, and olives into sauce.
Add tortilla pieces and stir to get them coated well.
Shred chicken and return to pan. Mix it in.
Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover and let cook over medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes to melt the cheese.
Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.