Cheesy Shrimp and Spinach Dip
Cheesy Shrimp and Spinach Dip is an unbelievably creamy and rich seafood dip. Two kinds of cheeses, mozzarella and Parmesan, give the dip plenty of cheese flavor.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch of nutmeg, optional
- 2/3 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped up some
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined and cut into bite-sized pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt butter over medium heat in a large nonstick pan. Add onion and cook until soft.
Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
Sprinkle flour into pan. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
Gradually whisk in heavy cream. Add Worcestershire sauce, Creole seasoning, red pepper flakes, and nutmeg.
Stir in cheeses until melted.
Stir in sour cream and spinach until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and stir in shrimp.
Transfer mixture to a baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
You want to use uncooked shrimp for this recipe. They can either be fresh shrimp or frozen shrimp that you have defrosted.
Since the shrimp are cut into small pieces, they will have plenty of time to cook while the dip bakes in the oven.