Mexican Chorizo Rice
Mexican Chorizo Rice is a fully flavored and spicy rice dish that goes great with tacos, quesadillas, burritos, you name it! It's loaded with fresh chorizo sausage.
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 pound Mexican-style chorizo
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Chipotle flavored TABASCO Sauce, optional
Bring chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in rice, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add chorizo to a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to break it into small pieces. Once partially cooked, add onion and garlic and continue to cook until chorizo is cooked through and onion is soft.
Add tomatoes and corn to the chorizo and let simmer for about 5 minutes to cook off some of the liquid.
Stir in rice. Serve with cilantro and TABASCO if desired.