Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Cream Pasta
Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Cream Pasta is made with a jar of spaghetti sauce for a quick and easy weeknight meal in only 20 minutes.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 12 ounces pasta, cooked according to package instructions (I used gemelli)
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan. Add red pepper flakes and shrimp and cook about 1 minute per side or until completely pink. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
Add remaining oil to pan and cook onion over medium high heat for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
Add spaghetti sauce, heavy cream, and Italian seasoning and simmer 5 minutes.
Return shrimp to pan and stir in pasta.