Super Creamy Mac and Cheese
This Super Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe is incredibly rich and creamy. Three types of cheese give it plenty of cheese flavor.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 8 tablespoons Challenge butter (1 stick) cut into 1 tablespoon-sized pieces
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 8 ounces Velveeta cut into small cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a casserole dish. You can use a 9x13-inch or slightly smaller casserole dish.
Cook pasta until just tender. It will cook more as it bakes. Drain pasta and return to pot. While pasta is still hot, add butter, and stir until butter is melted.
Add the half-and-half to the pot, along with half the cheddar and Monterey Jack, the eggs, Velveeta, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.
Pour into prepared dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.