These Deviled Crab are full of fresh crab meat with just the right amount of filler.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 celery rib, finely diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 pound lump or backfin crabmeat
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 Saltine crackers, crushed
Melt butter over medium heat in a large pan. Add onion, celery and bell pepper and cook until soft. remove from heat and let cool.
Pick through the crab to remove any pieces of shell and place crab in a large bowl.
Add remaining ingredients to bowl along with cooked onion, peppers, and celery. Gently mix it all together.
Pack mixture into crab shells. You can order tin crab shells online. You will need about 10.Sprinkle with a little paprika if desired.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.