Denver Omelet Quiche
Denver Omelet Quiche has all the flavor of a Denver Omelet in a buttery pie crust. Makes a great make-ahead recipe for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Ham, onion, bell pepper, and cheese combine to make a delicious quiche.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 29 minutes
Total Time 44 minutes
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet or yellow onion
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prick the bottom of the pie crust with a fork. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a nonstick pan melt butter. Add onion, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and half-and-half.
Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, ham, onion mixture, and cheese. Stir to mix. Pour into pie crust.
Place pie crust on a baking sheet and place in oven. Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm or cold.