Lima Bean Casserole
Lima Bean Casserole is creamy and cheesy with a crunchy and buttery cracker crumb topping. Who knew lima beans could taste so good!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 (14-ounce) bag frozen lima beans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 Ritz crackers, coarsely crushed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook lima beans according to package directions.
Cook onion in butter until soft.
In a large bowl, combine lima beans, soup, milk, onion, Worcestershire sauce, pimentos, black pepper and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
Transfer to a 1 1/2 to 2-quart lightly greased casserole dish.
Sprinkle remaining cheese and the crackers on top. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Uncover and place bake in oven for 10 minutes.