Spicy Sausage Cheese Dip
With lots of meaty flavor and tons of cheese, this ultra creamy and rich Spicy Sausage Cheese Dip is hard to resist.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
- 1/2 yellow or sweet onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10-ounce) cam Hot Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking dish.
Brown sausage in a large pan, breaking it apart as it cooks and add onion and jalapeno when it is about halfway cooked.
When sausage is cooked through and onion is soft, add tomato paste. Stir it in well and cook for 1 minute.
Turn heat to low and add cream cheese chunks and about 3/4 of the cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese melts.
Add can of Rotel tomatoes (undrained). Stir to mix thoroughly and then transfer mixture to baking dish.
Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake 15 minutes. Sprinkle green onions on top.