Cheesy Hot Dog Tater Tot Casserole
Cheesy Hot Dog Tater Tot Casserole is pure comfort food. Sliced hot dogs, chili, tater tots, and cheddar cheese combine to make an easy and delicious meal. This redneck casserole is sure to be a family favorite.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 8 hot dogs, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chili (either with or without beans)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (28-ounce) bag frozen tater tots
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine sliced hot dogs, chili, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, onion, and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
Transfer mixture to prepared pan.
Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups cheese on top.
Spread tater tots on top of cheese layer.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese on top and bake another 10 minutes.